Research and Travel Fellowships
Students need to thoroughly read this page before submitting a Graduate Research and Travel Fellowship application.
The Graduate Research and Travel Fellowship program assists graduate students with their research endeavors by providing funds to travel to conferences and/or seminars to make presentations on behalf of Auburn University. The fellowship is not intended to support attending courses at other schools, research, or general educational travel.
- First preference will be given to doctoral students or students pursuing the terminal degree in their discipline. A request from a non-terminal degree student will be considered ONLY after eligible doctoral or terminal-degree students have been funded.
- Applicants MUST be reporting results of their dissertation or thesis research.
- The meeting or conference must be of regional or national importance.
- Approval of travel requests will be limited to one trip per student per fiscal year, which runs from October 1 to September 30.
- The student must be in good academic standing.
- Funding will not be provided to graduate students who are also full-time Auburn University employees.
- Travel support provided by any other party (department, school, major professor, etc.) must be listed on the application form being submitted to the Graduate School.
- The Graduate School will not provide travel funding for graduate students who are presenting at meetings in Hawaii.
- The above criteria are the minimum for applying for travel funds. DO NOT assume that satisfying these criteria will automatically guarantee funding.
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION:
Applications must be submitted to the Graduate School by the appropriate deadline listed in the table below. LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT CONSIDERED. Notification of the award status will be made within 1-2 weeks after the deadline. Deadlines for subsequent fiscal year travel periods are posted here during summer semester.
|2017-18 Travel Dates||Request Deadline|
|10/1 - 11/30||9/15|
|12/1 - 1/31||11/15|
|2/1 - 3/31||1/15|
|4/1 - 5/31||3/15|
|6/1 - 7/31||5/15|
|8/1 - 9/30||7/16|
|Fellowships will be granted based on factors such as the student’s anticipated graduation date, conference location, the student’s GPA, whether the student is making a poster or oral presentation, and other variables. The Graduate School cannot guarantee that all applicants will be granted a Graduate Travel Fellowship. Fellowship amounts generally range from $100 to $500.|
DISBURSEMENT OF FUNDS:
After granting a Graduate Travel Fellowship, the Graduate School will send a confirmation email to the student and the student’s advisor. The funds will be transferred to the recipient’s student account.
Last modified: September 5, 2017