The Hamilton Graduate Awards have been established through the Auburn University Foundation by Dr. Ian Hamilton and Mrs. Stacey Hamilton. The Graduate School will award one Hamilton Award in the amount of $1,000, for the 2017-2018 academic year. Selection is based on academic and professional promise.
- Must be admitted to the Auburn University Graduate School and be accepted to a graduate program in the Harbert College of Business, pursuing a master’s degree in business administration including the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program, the Executive MBA Program, or the Physician Executive MBA program.
- Must demonstrate good academic standing as determined by the Selection Committee.
- Must demonstrate financial need as verified by the Office of Financial Aid. However, if a student with financial need cannot be identified, then the financial need criterion may be waived.
- Must be a resident of Dade, Walker, Catoosa, or Whitfield Count in the state of Georgia or Hamilton or Bradley County in the state of Tennessee. However, if a student from these counties cannot be identified, the graduate award may be awarded to a qualified student from the Georgia or Tennessee. If a student from these states cannot be identified, the graduate award may be awarded to another qualified student.
Nomination packets should include the following:
- Letter of nomination;
- The nominee’s resume or vita;
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form.
The deadline for nominations is 4:45 p.m. on August 3, 2018.
Awardees will be notified by email and will be recognized at the Spring 2019 Graduate Student Awards Ceremony.
Please contact Maria Witte at 334-844-2700 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions concerning the Hamilton Graduate Award.