DegreeWorks Plan of Study
On Track for Graduation?
If your graduate program requires an approved Plan of Study, you will use DegreeWorks to create a Planner. To avoid missing a step and delaying your graduation, please read all instructions below before you enter DegreeWorks to begin your planner.
Steps for filing a Planner in DegreeWorks:
- Please follow our simple instructions and refer to our frequently asked questions as needed.
- Once your Planner has been created in DegreeWorks, the next step is to notify the Graduate School of your committee. Use the DegreeWorks Plan of Study email format to copy the email requirements, paste the text into an email message, and fill in all the blanks. Incomplete information will not be considered.
- Once the Graduate School has reviewed and accepted your Planner, we will lock it, print to PDF, and email your committee members that it is ready for their review. Your major professor will communicate the committee’s acceptance or rejection of the Planner back to the Graduate School.
Steps for changing a Planner in DegreeWorks:
- Notify the Graduate School of your intent to change your Planner. Use the DegreeWorks Plan of Study Update email format to copy the email requirements, paste the text into an email message, and clearly state the changes you need to make.
- Wait for the Graduate School staff to review your changes and reply. If your changes are minor, the Graduate School may be able to adjust your existing Planner; otherwise, you will be instructed to repeat the steps for filing a new one.
Remember: The Planner is not the same as the Graduation Application (under AU Access, on My Academics). You must complete the Planner and a Graduate Application at least one term before you plan to graduate.
Faculty & Staff
You will receive your students’ Planners as PDF attachments to emails from the Graduate School. The major professor should reply to the Graduate School’s email indicating the committee’s acceptance or rejection of the Planner.
Faculty and staff are encouraged to use DegreeWorks along with their students but are not required to by Graduate School policies and procedures. To be able to view a student’s Planner in DegreeWorks, you must be set as an Advisor in Banner and you must be listed on the student’s record in Banner. The assignment of students to faculty advisors is handled within each department.
Last modified: December 18, 2017