1. New instructional programs.
2. New off-campus sites outside of the institution’s recognized service area.
3. New off-campus courses at sites outside the institution’s service area.
4. New off-campus programs regardless of the location of the off-campus site.
5. New branch campuses.
6. New administrative units larger or more prominent than a department.
7. Mergers or consolidations of existing institutions.
8. Division of one institution into two institutions (one would be a new unit of instruction).
9. New units of instruction (colleges, centers, institutes, etc.) which offer coursework for academic credit.
10. New reasonable extensions and alterations of existing instructional programs (tracks, concentrations, options, etc.). Significant alteration of a curriculum of an existing academic program—even if no option, etc., is added—is also subject to Commission review and approval.
11. Mergers or consolidations of existing academic programs.
12. Change in degree nomenclature at the doctoral level (examples: EdD to PhD) of an existing program.