Tiger Giving Day is a 24-hour fundraising event highlighting more than 20 projects from the schools and colleges around campus, including the Future Scholars Summer Research Bridge Program.
The Graduate School’s Tiger Giving Day goal is to raise 9 thousand dollars in support of adding three new Science, Engineering, Technology or Math participants to the Future Scholars Summer Research Bridge Program.
The Future Scholars Summer Research Bridge Program brings the best and the brightest prospective graduate students from historically black college and universities (HBCUs) around the nation to campus to experience “a day in the life of an Auburn University graduate student.” The program brings traditionally underrepresented students to campus over the summer to experience what it is like to be a graduate student at Auburn University, and a patron of the Auburn community.
This six-week program, gives participants the opportunity to:
• Live in a campus residential hall
• Receive a faculty mentor who gives them hands-on experience research opportunities
• Build relationships with faculty, staff and other students
• Receive professional development training
• Learn about the Auburn community and what it has to offer
• Begin to perceive an Auburn graduate education as a reality for their lives
Many of the program participants did not see graduate school as an option, or have exposure to a large university prior to this educational experience. Through The Future Scholars Summer Research Program, we hope to recruit these top students to become members of the Auburn family.
Don’t want to wait till February 21st? You don’t have to!
Visit aub.ie/gradschool and give online today! Every dollar matters, so help change the lives of three prospective graduate students now!