Committee Selection Form FAQ


When should I submit my Committee Selection form?

Master’s students must submit the Committee Selection form no later than the term prior to expected graduation.

Doctoral students must submit the Committee Selection form prior to submitting the Request for the Report on the General Oral Examination.

Do I still need to see my Graduate Program Officer and Graduate School advisor?

YES! Absolutely — You should always review your degree progress prior to meeting with your GPO or Graduate School advisor, preparing any questions you may have regarding your requirements.

Can I change my committee after I have completed my Committee Selection Form?

Yes.  To make committee updates, get approval from all parties affected, then email the changes to  Your Graduate Advisors will verify and make the necessary updates in Banner.

What if I have transfer courses and/or exceptions/substitutions?

On the committee selection form, include transfer courses and any exceptions. For transfer work, make your entries in the “Transfer Courses” section.  Use the Exceptions section for any curriculum/time limit exceptions or substitutions.

How do I know what classes I need to take?

Your Departmental Advisor can direct you regarding which courses are needed to complete your Program. You can also review your Program requirements in DegreeWorks.

Last modified: January 12, 2021