The Graduate School is pleased to recognize and support academic excellence with the Merriwether Fellowships. Graduate faculty members are encouraged to nominate outstanding students for these awards. The nomination process is described below.
The Graduate School will award up to four Harry Merriwether Fellowships for the 2020-2021 academic year. The Merriwether Fellowships will provide a stipend of $2,000 per student for the academic year. Selection is based on professional promise. The following policies apply to nominations:
- The recipient must be enrolled as a doctoral student for the 2020-21 academic year. There are no limitations on the field of study. A recipient is expected to devote full time to graduate study and may hold an assistantship or another fellowship.
- Each department may nominate only one student for the Merriwether Fellowship.
- Nominations should include the following:
- The departmental nominator’s letter and at least one additional letter (but no more than 3 letters).
- The nominee’s resume or vita. This should be as complete as possible. The various types of publication (e.g., abstracts, refereed journal and book articles, non-refereed articles, and other scholarly works), if any, should be listed in full under separate headings.
The deadline for nominations is 4:45 p.m. on Friday, February 14, 2020.
Awardees will be notified by email and will be recognized at the Spring 2020 Graduate Student Awards Ceremony.
Please contact Maria Witte at 334-844-4700 or email@example.com if you have questions concerning the Merriwether Fellowship awards.
Last modified: February 3, 2020