News: 2016, April 11th
Six faculty members chosen as Outstanding Graduate Mentors
Six Auburn University faculty members have been selected as the Graduate Student Council’s 2016 Outstanding Graduate Mentors.
The winners are:
- Baker Ayoun, Department of Nutrition, Dietetics and Hospitality Management
- Jonathan Fisk, Department of Political Science
- Beth Guertal, Department of Crop, Soil and Environmental Sciences
- Wendy Hood, Department of Biological Sciences
- Randolph Pipes, Department of Special Education, Rehabilitation and Counseling
- Wesley Zech, Department of Civil Engineering
The winners were selected from a pool of 45 nominees for the awards, which recognize graduate faculty members who go above and beyond their duty as teachers, advisors and mentors. A committee of graduate students reviewed the nominations and picked the winners based on the strength of the nominees’ letters of support.
This year’s Outstanding Graduate Mentors will be recognized at an April 27 awards ceremony hosted by the Graduate School and the Graduate Student Council. The Graduate Student Council has presented the Outstanding Graduate Mentor Awards since 2008.
Last modified: May 24, 2016