Note: Prospective students interested in learning more about Presidential Research Fellowships should see our Fellowship Information page.
Presidential Graduate Research Fellowships Nomination
Please Note: Nomination Packet must be completed and submitted by the Dean of each College/School or his/her designee.
A complete nomination packet will include:
- A completed Nomination Cover Form.
- A letter of nomination from the respective college/school dean.
- A statement of financial support from the respective department chair.
- A copy of the student’s resume or CV.
- A copy of the student’s statement of purpose.
- Copies of the letters of recommendation submitted as part of the student’s application for graduate school and the graduate program.
The nominees will be reviewed and recommended for selection by a committee of the Associate Deans for Research, chaired by the Dean of the Graduate School. Final selections will be approved by the Auburn University President.
The deadline for general nominations is February 1. In order to be most competitive, each college/school may nominate one fellow for immediate review and approval by the selection committee and president prior to the February 1 deadline. All other nominations will be reviewed and recommendations made to the President by March 8.
A major factor in the selection process will be the expected positive impact of the Fellow on the research and scholarly productivity of the program in which he/she will be studying. The number of awards may vary each year depending upon the availability of funds and the quality of the nominees.
For more information, please contact Dr. George Flowers, Dean of the Graduate School (firstname.lastname@example.org).