The Transient Graduate Students form, when properly completed and signed, will be accepted in lieu of the application form, fee, and transcripts required for formal, regular admission. Please read the following policy statements relative to graduate transient status.
1. A graduate student in good standing at an accredited college or university may be admitted as a transient when faculty and facilities are available.
2. To be eligible, the student must submit this special Graduate Transient Form prior to the beginning of the semester for which transient status is requested. Since this involves an admission decision, it must be approved before the first day of the academic term. The form must bear the signature of the student’s Graduate Dean (or her/his designee). This transient status is viewed as a professional courtesy between two Graduate Deans; therefore, signatures of registrars, academic deans, etc., will cause undue delays in the approval process. If the student’s college or university does not have a Graduate Dean, the Director of Graduate Studies’ signature will be acceptable.
3. Transient applicants must also complete a “Medical Information Form” available at https://cws.auburn.edu/aumc/Forms.aspx. The completed form must be mailed to the Auburn University Medical Clinic, Medical Records, 400 Lem Morrison Drive, Auburn University, Auburn, AL 36849, prior to registration for courses.
3. Transient status is granted for one semester only and does not constitute admission or matriculation as a degree candidate.
4. Students who desire to enroll for more than a single semester in a non-degree status should apply for the appropriate GPR (graduate provisional) or GND (graduate non-degree) status.
5. Please mail the Transient Graduate Student form to the Graduate School, 106 Hargis Hall, Auburn University, Auburn, AL 36849-5122.