Requesting an Admission Deferment


With department approval, you are eligible to defer from one semester up to one year. An email request should be made to the department to which you are admitted. The contact information for all areas of study may be found on the Areas of Study page. This request should contain the reason for your deferral along with the term you are wishing to defer to. The department must approve the request first and then forward to the Graduate School for processing.

International applicants may be required to submit updated financial documentation with the deferral request.

If you have been offered an assistantship, you must confirm the continued availability of funding and submit an updated International Graduate Assistant Award Statement with this request.

Last modified: July 2, 2020