The Williams Graduate Awards have been established through the Auburn University Foundation by Colonel (ret.) Garland H. Williams and Kathleen P. Williams. The Graduate School will award up to four Williams Awards in the amount of $1,000, for the 2018-2019 academic year. Selection is based on academic and professional promise.
- Must be a degree-seeking student enrolled in the Auburn University Graduate School;
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- Must demonstrate financial need as verified by the Office of Financial Aid. However, if a student with financial need cannot be identified, then the financial need criterion may be waived.
- Preference will be given to military veterans who have served a minimum of four years on active duty and received an honorable discharge. Potential recipients are asked to provide a DD214 Form to demonstrate eligibility.
Note: Prior recipients are not disqualified from consideration for this fellowship during subsequent years.
Nomination packets should include the following:
- Letter of nomination;
- The nominee’s resume or vita;
- DD214 form;
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form.
The deadline for nominations is 4:45 p.m. on August 3, 2018.
Awardees will be notified by email and will be recognized at the Spring 2019 Graduate Student Awards Ceremony.
Please contact George Crandell at 334-844-2700 or email@example.com if you have questions concerning the Williams Graduate Awards Annual Fellowship.